- me: can you think of a reason not to vote for mccain?
- Danish: yes, he might be running against the first viable black candidate, he said "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran," he thinks staying in iraq for 100 years would be okay, he will probably die in office and who knows who his running mate will be, he calls asians "gooks," he was held in a vietnamese prison camp for years and is probably mentally damaged
- me: but, like, a real reason?
WFB, Cruising Speed
While sex isn’t everything, it is something. When it’s not around you look to see if maybe it’s on your computer. When it’s lying in your bed about to say something completely insane about the motivation of the Israeli citizens building settlements on Palestinian land, you have to ask yourself: At what cost?
This is the second day without anyone.
I am chinning against a dark sky
to strengthen my arms.
A picture of everyone I love passes thru me.
No clear light streams thru this cell.
There’s no dawn.
What have I gained
by lying in this abyss,
waiting for the masonry
to show a little slit
for my soul to get through?
- Joe Ceravolo
- Ted: do you get a bonor ribbing me about my emotional life
- me: i'm just trying to protect the next girl you fall asleep on during sex
- Ted: ha
- that's happened three times this year
- a sign?
- first time
- i woke up above the sheets with a condom on my dick
- the second time i woke up above the sheets with a condom on my dick
- the third time i woke up above the sheets without shirt and without recollection of the journey to this unknown basement apartment in the burg
I’ve been meaning to write you for a while. Last week when we had coffee, I left with a lot of things to say. Here are some of them:
1. I feel weird that your dad was the captain of the exxon valdez, i don’t mean to be judgmental, but those seals didn’t deserve to die
2. I think that you’re pretty, maybe not totally my type, but i could get used to it
3. It was more fun than I could have imagined, and yet strangely unsatisfying. What did you think? I often wonder how I come across in first moments of intimacy
4. I just wrote a chapter in my novel about Milwaukee. You are from Wisconsin, so I’m going to have to say that you inspired a lot of the best material. What I’m saying is, I’ve immortalized you in the greatest piece of fiction ever written.
6. I was wondering about what you told me about your parents, about being neglected and stuff. Frankly, as I told you, I can sympathize but I can’t really identify. I was wondering if you ever thought about divorcing them, like Macauley Culkin did.
7. Do you speak any other languages? Usually I like to know that about a person upfront. Once I started flirting with this chick who spoke Portuguese, it was pretty sweet but it didn’t materialize. I mean, do you speak Portuguese? No, of course not. Why would you.
8. But, like, do you speak French or anything?
9. I kept this blog for a long time, you might have read it. Anyway, I feel pretty distant from that time in my life now. I used to write a lot of stuff about politics, and sometimes about TV shows. now, i don’t care about much of anything except that new shwarma place on meeting street and keeping my head above water. It’s strange how much things change in a matter of months. But who I am talking to, you know that.
10. I just got into the New School MFA program, I’m scared about going. What do you think you’re going to do after college. People pretend that they hate that question, but I don’t think anyone does. As our coffee date showed, people LOVE to talk about themselves, you know?
ok, i love you. or, i could.
Now those are quality emotions! I think we can all be proud of the man, or lack thereof, that I was in 2005. And wow, posting it on the Internet. I have only gotten more mature since then.
It’s times like these when you realize no matter how much of a fuck you are, your parents will still probably get you something for your birthday.
me: i wonder what their sex is like